The John Michael Kohler Arts Center (JMKAC) seeks a highly organized Program Coordinator to join the Community Arts team. The Community Arts Program Coordinator works collaboratively with various departments to oversee a suite of programs that provide accessible and inclusive engagement opportunities specific to regional community interests. Under the direction of the Associate Curator for Public Programs, the Community Arts Program Coordinator is responsible for the proposal, planning, facilitation, and evaluation of Community Arts programmatic initiatives, including Connecting Communities, the Culinary Art Car, and the annual maintenance/inspection of various public art works. Additionally, this role lends programmatic support as needed to special exhibition-related programming such as activations, residencies, artist talks, and workshops to connect audiences with exhibition content.
- Connecting Communities: Work with Public Programs Associate Curator in project ideation and implementation; develop contracts, residency schedules, project financial, logistical, and evaluative frameworks; manage artist logistics and schedules, budgets, and communication; steward visiting artists while on-site; direct Public Programs Administrative Assistant in cataloging and archiving program information; create summative assessment reports with evaluation summaries, quantitative information, testimonials, and documentation for grant reports.
- Culinary Art Car (CAC): Work with Associate Curator of Public Programs in the ideation, implementation, and summative evaluation of programming aligned with the CAC and its goals and objectives; oversee the maintenance and overhaul work for the CAC including securing proper licensure and insurance; train others on the use of CAC; schedule use of CAC; responsible for budget and promoting CAC in community.
- The Sheboygan Project: Develop and oversee requests for proposals (RFPs) and facilitate the interactions between artists and JMKAC’s partners in project execution; oversee budget and evaluation of program; maintain inventory of past projects and status of works; oversee annual inspection and maintenance of works.
- Supervise and recruit interns and volunteers
- Support maintenance of The ARTery
- Coordinate logistics for Community Gallery exhibitions
- Write interpretive materials and copy
- Aid development staff in seeking funds and grant writing and reporting
- Tour and speak on behalf of the Arts Center
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor based on the needs of the Arts Center
- Assist marketing in development of promotional plans for programs
- Passion for and commitment to JMKAC’s core mission and goals
- Passion for and commitment to equity and diversity in the arts
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with artists of many backgrounds and disciplines
- Ability to manage complex projects and prioritize tasks; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proven teamwork and collaboration, readiness to share information, and willingness to accept feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and cultural competence; ability to connect with diverse audiences
- Fluency in Spanish
- Resourcefulness with the ability to adapt to rapid change and to anticipate opportunities
- Availability for evening/weekend events
- Understanding of public art processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in art history, community arts, arts administration, or a closely aligned field
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working professionally in arts administration or closely aligned field
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EOE and ADA requirements. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and we have a strong organizational commitment to racial equity. People of color, gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and low-income people are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if we can help make JMKAC’s application or hiring process more accessible for you.
Please send cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Human Resources Manager
608 New York Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081
Or email: HR@jmkac.org