We are seeking an experienced and reliable custodial staff member to maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the Arts Center’s facilities.
Custodians are responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules for the John Michael Kohler Arts Center and Art Preserve. Areas include, but are not limited to, classrooms, cafe, office areas, bathrooms, entrances, and public areas. In addition, the James Tellen Woodland Sculpture Garden, the Arts/Industry House, and ARTspace Kohler may require cleaning as needed.
The work schedule is 20 hours per week, 4 hours per day, Monday through Friday. Weekend and holiday hours might be required based on the Arts Center and Art Preserve events and rentals.
Essential duties include:
- Collect and bag all garbage from the center, placing the tied bags in a closed dumpster; disinfect and clean garbage and trashcans, as needed.
- Wash and sanitize bathroom fixtures daily with germicidal solution.
- Refill paper towel, tissue, toilet paper, and hand soap in all dispensers.
- Using germicidal solution, wet-mop all washable floors daily including bathrooms and café floor.
- Wash windows (inside and outside) as scheduled or needed.
- Vacuum all carpeting daily, spot clean carpets when needed.
- Sweep and clear entrance spaces, daily.
- Dust, wash and sanitize other surfaces as specified in schedule.
- Periodically help perform heavy cleaning tasks such as shampooing carpets, stripping / waxing floors, and other specified tasks.
- Participate in emergency drills and environmental safety activities as requested.
- Drive Arts Center vans to perform or travel to other facilities for cleaning work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous cleaning experience is required along with the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position which includes lifting, bending, and standing for the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of safety and OSHA practices desired.
- The ideal candidate will have a friendly, customer-service attitude to interact with staff and the public.
- Must be reliable problem solvers, have good time-management skills as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license.
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EOE and ADA requirements. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and we have a strong organizational commitment to racial equity. People of color, gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and low-income people are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if we can help make the application or hiring process more accessible for you.
Please stop in to complete an application, or submit a resume with three professional references to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Human Resources Manager
608 New York Avenue
Sheboygan WI 53081
Or email: HR@jmkac.org