The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is currently seeking a Gift and Data Coordinator. This full-time position is an opportunity for a highly focused, curious, and analytical individual to build a career in nonprofit fundraising within a mission-driven, prominent cultural organization.
The Gift and Data Coordinator will be an integral part of a dynamic development team. The successful candidate will have significant Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems and prospect research experience along with an excellent understanding of relationship-based fundraising, Success in this position requires being proactive, tenacious and creative, and having excellent communication and time management skills, together with a methodical and resourceful approach.
Summary of Position
Provide leadership and support in database management, data analytics, prospect management, programs, operations, and finance. Through analysis of fundraising data, the Gift and Data Coordinator supports the development team’s strategic planning process and provides data-driven insight to maximize fundraising potential. The coordinator is responsible for gift entry, gift acknowledgment, and financial reconciliation processes and is highly proficient in navigating CRM systems. The Gift and Data Coordinator reports directly to the Membership and Development Manager and collaborates with members of the Arts Center leadership team, Board of Directors, and development team members to implement a research and database strategy that enable the Arts Center to seek sustainable support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the Systems Administrator for database maintenance, integration, enhancement, and conversion projects. Identify and document development database needs on an ongoing basis and provide expertise in executing optimization efforts.
• Manage the donor database and ensure its accuracy and integrity. Assess and execute best-practice data entry procedures and maintain consistent standards for donor data. Train development team on use of the database and provide regular updates on best practices.
• Identify gaps and opportunities in data collection and reporting.
• Ensure timely and accurate gift entry, appropriate acknowledgment of all donations, and approval of all matching gift requests. Regularly review gift entry and acknowledgment procedures.
• Acts as the internal owner for all campaign configuration and set up to ensure accurate reporting.
• Collaborate with the Membership and Development Manager to create dashboards/scorecards and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate performance and inform strategy and highlight significant trends, including monthly membership life-cycle reports, membership and marketing goal tracking, and campaign performance.
• Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and manage prospect pipeline to support development team efforts.
• Provide data-driven recommendations regarding solicitation strategies and assist with solicitation segmentation, mail-house management, and in-house execution.
• Partner with the Deputy Director of Development to create and communicate policies and procedures for prospect assignment, management, moves entry, and coding. Create thoughtful, thorough donor profiles to inform portfolio assignments.
• Collaborate with the finance team to ensure all gifts and pledges are properly recorded.
• Partner with development team to provide ad hoc support during key fundraisers and overall data reporting needs as requested.
• Manage donation and registration processes for special events.
Successful candidates will have:
• Strong belief in the power of the arts to transform lives and strengthen communities.
• BA/BS in a related field, preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with CRM system, preferably as an administrator in a non-profit fundraising environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and/or G-Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
• Superior communication, interpersonal, and recordkeeping skills.
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EOE and ADA requirements. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and we have a strong organizational commitment to racial equity. People of color, gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and low-income people are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if we can help make the application or hiring process more accessible for you
Send cover letter, résumé, and professional references to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
608 New York Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081
Or email email@example.com.