Summary: The Marketing Content Specialist works both independently and collaboratively while providing creative content support to the Marketing team and the organization, working to improve the quality and consistency of all messaging, and providing analytical and digital support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others duties may be assigned.
Digital Content implementation and Evaluation
- Expand and implement social media strategy to increase engagement, visibility and local/national awareness and reputation.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
- Create digital marketing report kits for exhibitions and performing arts departments.
- Cross-trained on Web content management tools.
- Build and establish JMKAC voice and message through copywriting of paid advertising creative, and other promotional materials in accordance with brand strategy.
- Create content and implement strategy of planned email communication campaigns.
- Manage and implement online calendar postings to drive awareness of programming and increase attendance.
- Post artist calls for entries.
- Proofread all materials emanating from the Arts Center in accordance with the JMKAC style guide, Chicago Manual of Style, and Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
- Ensure accuracy of all public facing communications including: spelling, grammar, punctuation, cutlines, proper crediting, and facts.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in English, Journalism, or Marketing.
- 2-5 years of experience desired.
- Experience implementing digital marketing campaigns or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in social networking and viral marketing campaigns, with desire to stay up-to-date on new, relevant technologies.
- Basic knowledgeable of marketing analytics.
- Evidence of excellent verbal communication skills and ability to work well collaboratively.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and Associated Press Style.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Suite, and analytics software (Google Analytics or similar) a plus.
Send cover letter, resume, professional references, and three writing samples to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
608 New York Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081
Or email email@example.com
Applications will be accepted through May 31, 2019.