Are you relatable, innovative, inclusive and authentic? Do you love art, education, and building relationships with people?
At the John Michael Kohler Arts Center, we recognize the art of being “you.”
And, we believe in making great memories that people love.
Join our Security Services Team in protecting and connecting people to a permanent collection containing 20,000+ owned works across multiple art environments, temporary exhibitions in 9 galleries, event rental spaces, live performance venues, art studios, preschool, landscaped gardens, and more. We have full time, part time, and seasonal opportunities.
Our Role: Protection
We follow guidelines critical to coordinating and safeguarding:
• People—internal and external clients, including emergency medical response (CPR, First Aid, AED) and crowd management (standard and emergency)
• Art—loaned, owned, and insured, including policy education, deterrence, and investigations
• Campus—observing, reporting, and acting upon safety/security concerns as well as preparing gallery, non-gallery, and public areas for opening, closing, and alarm activation
Our Role: Connection
We deliver uncommon and exceptional experiences to the community and our ‘work family’ through:
• Knowledge sharing of art, artist-built environments, events, educational resources, and the Arts Center
• Intentional, consistent, unique, and valued JMKAC branded service
Hours of work may vary depending on the level of security required. All training is paid as an employee of the John Michael Kohler Arts Center
• High school graduate over the age of 18; associates degree preferred
• 1 to 3 years’ visual arts, communications, hospitality, and/or customer service experience
• Experience with community policing, retail loss prevention, and/or facility security is beneficial
• Demonstrated acumen (the ability to make good independent judgements and quick decisions)
• Ability to routinely walk, talk, observe, and concentrate for extensive periods of time
• Can periodically perform at higher levels of physical exertion, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and carry up to 35 lbs.
• Written and oral communication is consistently and clearly understood by readers and listeners
• Bondable after a background check satisfying JMKAC insurers
Send cover letter, résumé, and professional references to:|
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Human Resources Manager
608 New York Avenue,
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Or email: HR@jmkac.org