The John Michael Kohler Arts Center, a dynamic, nationally known visual and performing arts center located in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, is seeking an experienced Accountant to join our team.
Understand and apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and record financial transactions by performing the following duties:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Maintain subsidiary records, balancing monthly to the general ledger.
- Review cash receipts and accounts payable entries for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Assist with the annual financial audit and preparation of the annual tax filings.
- Assist with the annual budget process.
- Provide financial reporting support for grant requests and reporting as needed.
- Assist staff by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of relatable experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extremely detailed-oriented with particular attention to accuracy
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn and to work efficiently and independently
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; proficient with the Microsoft suite products, accounting software, and databases
- A general comfort with learning new software
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to synthesize and manage complex or diverse data or information
- Ability to understand how duties relate to and support the Arts Center’s mission and operations
- Acts as a positive influence on and works well with others
- Prior not-for-profit experience helpful but not required
The Arts Center offers an energizing and unique environment, competitive pay, and a complete benefit program.
If interested, please email cover letter, résumé, and references to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Human Resources Manager
608 New York Avenue,
Sheboygan, WI 53081