The intern will work closely with the Arts Center’s registrars and preparators as well as other exhibitions staff to support and assist with collections projects. Specific areas of focus will depend on departmental needs and the intern’s skills and interests.
- Assist with accessioning new objects into the Arts Center’s permanent collection
- Provide support to the department by assisting with administrative tasks as assigned
- Participate in the planning and execution of Chair City Cookout (August), an event related to the Wisconsin Art Environment Consortium
- Assist with Arts Center special events, including Midsummer Festival of the Arts in July, Summer Concert Series, and the July 4th parade
- Currently pursuing or have completed a degree in art history, museum studies, or related field
- A record reflecting an interest in contemporary art, folk art, and self-taught art
- An understanding of current museum practices, museum permanent collections, and object handling and care
- Strong research, writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with PastPerfect preferred
- Occasionally move objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions
Summer 2017 Internship Dates
June 5–August 25, 2017 (may be flexible)
40 hours a week, includes some nights and weekends
To be considered for an internship, please submit résumé and cover letter. Cover letter should include dates applicant is available; what skills, abilities, and experiences the candidate brings to the position; and how the internship relates to candidate’s long-term goals.
Send application materials to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
608 New York Avenue
Sheboygan WI 53081
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.