The Performing Arts Technical Intern will work closely with the Technical Services Manager and other performing arts staff to implement a spectrum of programs. Specific areas of focus depend on departmental needs and the intern’s skills and interests.
- Assist with all areas of technical production of performing arts programs, including weekly concert series, Midsummer Festival of the Arts (July 15–16), and other in-house programs and events
- Work with national and regional bands for outdoor concert series
- Attend weekly planning meetings with Arts Center staff members and city representatives
- Support all areas of technical work, including sound, lighting, video, rigging, and carpentry
- Assist with corporate and wedding rentals
- Opportunity to learn studio and live recording with ProTools
- Opportunity to learn equipment maintenance
- Frequently move supplies weighing up to 50 pounds including transporting and installing sound equipment, lighting, tables, chairs, tents, and signage
- Frequently work in outdoor weather conditions
- Currently obtaining or have completed a degree in Theatre Production, Design and Technology, or related field
- Basic knowledge of theater lighting and electronics
- Basic knowledge of sound system integration and implementation
- Conversant in digital recording and editing technologies
- Ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds
Summer 2017 Internship Dates
June 5–August 25, 2017 (may be flexible)
40 hours a week, includes some nights and weekends
To be considered for an internship, please submit résumé and cover letter. Cover letter should include dates applicant is available; what skills, abilities, and experiences the candidate brings to the position; and how the internship relates to candidate’s long-term goals.
Send application materials to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
608 New York Avenue
Sheboygan WI 53081
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.