Audition Procedures and Guidelines:
- Only Sheboygan County high school senior students or high school senior students of Michibago Music Teachers are eligible to compete; students must be graduating in May or June 2019.
- Application forms to be used for the competition and details are enclosed with this letter. Please feel free to duplicate them.
- Upon receipt of application forms, contestants will be contacted by phone and/or email with specific information regarding audition time and warm-up arrangements.
- Ensembles consisting of up to four students may participate. Winners in ensembles will be issued an honorarium as a group.
- The compositions to be performed are to be determined by the student and his/her music teacher.
- Students should prepare for a ten-minute audition and arrange for their own accompanists. It is strongly encouraged, though not mandatory, that students perform all selections from memory.
- Students wishing to audition with more than one instrument may do so only in the event that a maximum of 30 participants is not reached. The student’s teacher must present any exceptions of performing with additional instruments prior to auditioning.
- A distinguished panel of educators and musicians will judge the competition.
- Auditions are closed to the public.
Winners will be notified by phone Thursday, February 7. All winners will be asked to prepare a 20-minute program that will be a segment of the Senior Honor Recital on Sunday, May 5. Specific details will be furnished upon notification.
Please note: Student musicians who wish to participate in the competition must:
1. Complete the enclosed application form and return by January 18, 2019, 5:00 p.m. to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Senior Honor Recital Competition
608 New York Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
2. Immediately inform the Arts Center at 920-458-6144 of any scheduling conflicts.
3. Prepare a 10-minute audition.
4. Provide the judges with two original music scores.
5. Provide an accompanist, if necessary.
Please contact Kayla Becker at the Arts Center at 920-694-4703 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Registration Form >